Soldering lead wire to the FLAT Lamp
- The FLAT Lamp has two crimped-on leads at one end which are easy to solder to.
- You can solder the leads of a driver or, as always, the leads of a connector onto the FLAT Lamp’s leads.
- The only important consideration is that the crimps easily melt through the plastic, so you must use a heat-sink over the crimped part of the tabs while soldering the ends (this can simply be a pair of pliers gripping the crimped parts).
- There is no need to pre-tin the leads from the FLAT Lamp; they will solder quite easily to your tinned lead wires.
- Solder the leads of your driver or connector onto the crimped leads of the FLAT Lamp, one to one.
- After the two pins are soldered, the entire end should be protected from movement, because it is quite fragile.
- We often coat the whole area with hot melt glue, being cautious again not to melt the plastic where the pins are crimped.